Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday, April 29

Journal - Who is the oldest family member of your family you have ever met? What do you know about your family history? Have your parents ever told you anything thing about your family history? Do you know what kind of heritage you have? Explain as much as you can about your family and any history you have knowledge of.

The oldest family member of my family I've ever met is my great-grandmother, on my dad's mom's side. She's 98 right now, I think. To be honest, I don't know much about my family history other than the fact that aside from me and my brother, all my relatives were born in China. Almost all of them have stayed there, too. Frankly, my extended family is so large I don't think my parents know everything about it either. Also, both of my parents almost never saw their grandparents (my great-grandparents) because a lot of them were killed during WWII. They don't even have pictures or easily accessible records of them, and they've forgotten most of their names. Other than that, I really don't know anything more about my heritage. There's nothing overly special there, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment